Monday 2 September 2013

Week 1- Day 1 Post

I started working out in March, doing fitness classes sporadically through the week, 10 lbs/4.5 kg lighter and almost 6 months later I have found myself relating fitness as a way of life. As I am embracing this new outlook I decided that there was no better way to track my progress and success then to blog about it.

Monday 2/9/13

Workout: Weights (45 minutes) and HIIT (30 minutes)

Food:
   Meal One- Oatmeal Cinnamon Raisin Energy Bar
   Meal Two- Chicken Breast
   Meal Three- Buckwheat Soba Noodles and Soy Sauce
   Meal Four- BBQ Beef Brisket (Homemade Sauce) and Courgettes
   Snack One- Cashews (Handful)
   Snack Two- Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins (x2)
   Snack Three- Lettuce, Tomatoes, and Balsamic Vinegar

Reflection: I think diet has to be the biggest struggle for me regarding fitness. My appetite isn't consistent, somedays I feel like eating other days I am lucky to get in one huge meal. Combined with my dairy intolerance getting the right amount of good calories to support muscle growth can be a nightmare. The best tips I have had so far from Lucy, a trainer, is to not let myself be restricted by traditional ideas of what a meal is, if I am not hungry for breakfast food have some chicken, who cares if its 8am! Baked sweet potato snacks are another tip from Lucy that has worked well, and I even enjoy them cold making it easy and convenient, just bake a couple and have them whenever during the week particularly to get my sweet craving fix. I have also took to making a whole chicken in the slow cooker, I can divide it up for lunch during the week. Whilst I really enjoy cooking I find I am too busy to cook every day of the week and these tips make it easier to get more than one meal in a day. My only dilemma now is how to bring together my love for baking and fitness. With my dairy intolerance I cut out butter and milk which helps, and I try to sub honey for sugar and I use wholemeal flour, however, even with these changes the question is, can baking ever be considered good calories or no matter what I do will I have to give it up over the next couple months?

No comments:

Post a Comment